Fireworks are amazing. They are exciting. They bring joy and cheer; they put smiles on people’s faces. But before this can happen, there are a number of things to consider. First of all, you need to consider the venue. Where are you planning on hosting the party? Will the venue allow fireworks on their premises? Some places do not like fireworks. If it is your own home, that is great. The next thing to think about is area. Do you have enough space to have a display conducted there? With fireworks, there are various effects, and their burst diameters vary greatly. The heights they reach before the effect explodes into all its glory, is a factor we need to consider and allow for. Safety is of the utmost importance with specific minimum distances from the audience and homes and buildings to the firing point. Weather is another consideration. If the wind is blowing, the minimum clearance distance may have to be extended.
Therefore I have 10 things that you may want to consider before a fireworks display can be conducted.
1. Can a fireworks display be conducted at the premises?
2. Do you think there is enough safety distance available? The minimum is 40m from the firing point to the crowd or any other point in a circle around that central firing point.
3. What time would you like the fireworks display?
4. Allow plenty of time (i.e. 2 weeks minimum) to organise the display.
5. Contact a fireworks contractor to discuss your requirements.
6. Ensure the contractor is licensed and has insurance, and all permits have been submitted.
7. Let your neighbours know in advance so they can attend to animals.
8. Does the contractor have previous records to outline their experience?
9. Has security been organised to monitor the event?
10. Are any obstructions going to be in the area which would hinder setting up? For example, carnival rides, tents, marquees, trees, vehicles. These types of obstructions not only are a hazard but will prevent the display from being conducted.
This is just a small part of the requirements that are a “Need to Know” for a display to be conducted. But with all these items and more free and clear and of adequate safety, we hope you have the most amazing display. Aerial Pyro-Tech are fireworks Brisbane specialists whom will bring on the cheers and the thrills. It is always a pleasure to delight all audiences and leave them buzzing for more!